Maxis Fibre Internet – Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
This page provides a summary of Our Customer Terms for the Maxis Service and/or Maxis Broadband Services subscribed by you (“Services”) and gives you some important information about what those term cover and your rights and obligations. Please read the information below carefully, as there are some important consequences for you.
Please visit our website at http://www.maxisbroadband.com.my/maxis-fibre-terms-and-conditions/ or visit your nearest Maxis Centre to obtain a full copy of our Customer Terms and the Maxis Privacy Statement. The full customer terms will also be displayed when you log onto the Maxis Services and/or the Maxis Broadband Services. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the Terms & Conditions in the summary and that on the website, the full-fledge Terms & Conditions on the website will take prevail.
Please visit our website at http://www.maxisbroadband.com.my/maxis-fibre-terms-and-conditions/ or visit your nearest Maxis Centre to obtain a full copy of Our Customer Terms and the Maxis Privacy Statement. The full customer terms will also be displayed when you log onto the Maxis Services and/or the Maxis Broadband Services. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the Terms & Conditions in the summary and that on the website, the full-fledge Terms & Conditions on the website will take prevail.
OTHER TERMS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF:
What we will do: We are committed to providing the Services to you on an “as is” basis and within a reasonable timeframe only if the Services are available in your area or is technically feasible, if you meet our credit policy requirements and comply with our registration requirements and Our Customer Terms.
What you must do to get the Service: You will need to:
- provide us with accurate and complete information at all times as may be required for availing our Services.
- consent to your personal information being used by us in accordance with the Maxis Privacy Statement for provision of the Services.
- read and accept Our Customer Terms.
- ensure that you have the necessary equipment to use the Services.
- consent to us and/or our agents to gain access to your premises with prior notice to place our equipment and install our Services.
- promptly pay for the monthly service charges and other charges relating to the Services. You will be responsible for all service charges of the Services, whether or not you were the one using the Services.
- make sure that payments to us are in full, without any deductions. At our discretion, we can offset, consolidate or combine accounts or transfer monies outstanding in any of your accounts with Maxis or its related companies towards reducing any amounts you owe us for the Services.
Your personal information: We collect, use and otherwise “process” your personal information as set out in the Maxis Privacy Statement, which also sets out your rights in relation to this information. Please read this carefully. You can find this on our website www.maxis.com.my or visit your nearest Maxis Service Centre. Alternatively, call us on 1800 82 1123 and we can send you a copy.
Alternatively, call us on 1800 82 1123 and we can send you a copy.
Your obligations when you use the Service: You must:
- not disclose your log on details to anyone else, or share your Services.
- comply with the below terms which can be found on http://www.maxisbroadband.com.my/maxis-fibre-terms-and-conditions/
- Maxis Fair Usage Policy,
- Maxis Service Terms and Conditions as applicable for the services or value added services as may be subscribed by you,
- Maxis Broadband Terms & Conditions;
- Maxis Fibre Terms and conditions; and
- General Terms and Conditions (collectively ‘Our Customer Terms’).
- not use the Service:
- to send spam or unsolicited email messages, and against public interest;
- for commercial business purpose or resell Services unless permitted by Maxis; and
- for any unlawful purpose such as vice or gambling, infringement of other people’s intellectual property, publishing any defamatory or abusive material;
- not exceed a total stipulated data volume transmitted per month. If you do so, Maxis reserves the right to take any action if deemed fit.
Upgrade of service plan: Request for a change of plan is allowed with our approval and with you bearing all related charges.
When we can suspend or cancel your Service: We may suspend or cancel your Service in a number of circumstances, such as where you breach Our Customer Terms, you do not pay your bill on time, where it is necessary to restore or maintain our network, there is an emergency, the law allows or requires us to do so, you leave your premises, or you become bankrupt or insolvent. If the Service(s) is/are cancelled or suspended, you are required to pay charges outstanding as at cancellation/suspension date. A reconnection charge is payable before we reconnect a cancelled/ suspended Service.
When we can alter the Service: Maxis reserves the right from time to time to make any changes deemed necessary and/or required either to its services or the Terms & Conditions. End user will be notified of such changes via Maxis portal. Continued usage of the service by the end user will be deemed as acceptance by the end user of the changed or revised Terms & Conditions.
Our/Your liability: We aim to provide but do not guarantee continuous or fault free services. We are not liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise for any loss or damage [e.g. lost profits or business or consequential losses that you may suffer in connection with the Services (or a failure to provide the Services)].
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any loss, damage, liability or expenses arising from any claims whatsoever including for libel, invasion of privacy, infringement of intellectual property rights or breach of any law or regulation arising from the use of your Services, whether by you or any other person.
A. FIBRE INTERNET SERVICES
- There is a minimum subscription period for the Maxis Services subscribed herein unless specifically stated otherwise by Maxis for a particular service (hereafter the ”Service”).
- The Service is only available in certain coverage areas. Call 123 (from your mobile) or 1800 82 1123 or log onto www.maxis.com.my/fibre to check if you are within the Service coverage area.
- We will call you within seven (7) days of your application for the Services to inform you of our acceptance or rejection of your application. Provision of the Services is at Maxis’ sole discretion.
- You consent for us and/or our agents to gain access to your premises with prior notice to place our equipment and install the Services in your premises;
- The Services will be installed at the address provided. If you need to relocate from the premises stated herein, you shall provide us prior notice. Any such relocation shall be subject to our Service coverage area and a relocation charge of RM200. We also have an option to terminate the Services with notice to you if the Services cannot be provided at your relocated premise.
- You are responsible for the safety of our equipment in your premises at all times. Upon termination of the Service, our equipment must be returned in good condition, failing which you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Services are offered as a package. Suspension, barring or termination of a particular service from the package will cause the other services in the package to be suspended, barred or terminated (as the case may be) as well.
- You may receive a bill for each of the services subscribed for in the package (up to 3 bills). Non-payment for any one of the services may result in suspension or barring of all the services until the outstanding amount is paid.
- Maxis reserves the right to introduce and deliver new services over a shared infrastructure. You may subscribe to such new services or to additional services from Maxis by way of a request to us and the relevant service terms and conditions shall be deemed to be accepted by you upon your acceptance and/or usage of such new and/or additional services. This applies to services that may be provided as a package by Maxis as well.
- The Services as subscribed by you and/or the introduction and delivery of new services over a shared infrastructure are subject to Our Customer Terms made available on our website at http://www.maxisbroadband.com.my/maxis-fibre-terms-and-conditions/
B. IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS TO NOTE BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR SERVICES
- These Important Terms & Conditions shall apply for services under Part (A).
- The modem/ONT (Optical Network Terminal) provided at Customers’ premises is the property of Maxis. Upon discontinuation of the service, you must return the complete ONT to Maxis in good working condition, failing which you will be charged. For rate charges, log on to www.maxis.com.my/fibre.
- The Residential WiFi Modem belongs to the Customer and has a warranty of 12 months (warranty is only for manufacturing defects). Should there be any damage or loss of device, the Customer may purchase another unit from Maxis. Please call 1800 82 1123 or 123 from your Maxis Mobile for assistance on technical issues.
- The installation process will take approximately 6-7 hours. You will receive a call from us within 7 days upon registration to confirm your appointment date and time. For any rescheduling or cancellation of the installation appointment date, customers are required to inform Maxis 3 days prior to the appointment date. Maxis reserves the right to charge the Customer RM200 for any late rescheduling or cancellation request.
- A one-time installation fee of RM200 for standard installation is applicable for the Maxis Fibre Internet service. This installation fee may be subject to change from time to time (as updated on the Internet Services website) and covers the first 85 metres (outside your home) from the nearest Fibre Distribution Panel to the Termination Box and the first 15 metres (inside your home) from the Termination Box to the Access Termination Box. Should the length required at the Customer’s premises exceed the said allocated amount, the extra charges will be borne by the Customer. The installation provided is of standard specifications (over wall with clip or cable casing only), cost for any non-standard type of installations, such as over the ceiling, underground ducts, concealed wiring and so on will be borne by the Customer. For rate table guide, please log on to www.maxis.com.my/fibre.
- You will need to approve the drilling area agreement before Maxis starts any installation.
- Should you opt only for the Home Voice package at a later stage, a one-time installation fee of RM150 is applicable. This installation fee may be subject to change from time to time (as updated on the Internet Services website).
- You will need to purchase your own DECT phone for your use and agree on the phone number assigned to you before Maxis activates the service.
- You are allocated monthly free call credit under your package. Should you exceed the allocated monthly call credit, you will be charged according to the prevailing rates. For rate charges, log on to www.maxis.com.my/fibre. Any unutilised balance of the monthly free call credit is not refundable, returnable or converted into monetary value, and shall not be carried forward or accrue towards your account.
- Speed of service is on best effort basis. Maxis reserves the right to manage your speed should you exceed the stipulated data volume quota. Fair usage policy applies.
- This Maxis Fibre Internet service comes with a 24-month contract. A penalty of RM500 is applicable should you terminate the service before the end of the 24 months.
- A deposit of RM75 is applicable for Malaysians. For non-Malaysians, the deposit is RM500.
- Maxis will not bear any penalty fees that may be charged by your current service provider should you terminate the service before the end of your contract.
- All value added services offered with the respective plans will be available for Customers as long as they subscribe to the Fibre Internet service.
- Balance of quota or unused services are not refundable/returnable and cannot be converted into monetary value.
- To discontinue the service, you can walk-in to any Maxis Centre.